Wednesday, March 10, 2010

first post!

Hi everyone! I'm Kiri, and as you've probably already guessed, I'm a Labrador Retriever of the black persuasion. I'm three months old. I spent my first 12 weeks of life living with Granny Annie at Radiance Labradors (see the link over there on the left), along with my mom, Connie, my dad Boomer, my half-sisters Eve and Cameo, and my brother Apolo. But recently I decided it was time to strike out and find my own family. So this past week I moved to a farm with my new Mom (of the human woman variety). Mom works with Granny Annie at Tails-U-Win! (that's in the links, too!), a really cool dog learning place. I'll tell you more about that in a little while. But Mom mostly runs our family sheep farm and works with my new sisters that like to move sheep around. I've been watching them do it for a few days. I don't get it. But that's OK, Mom says I'm a "diversion", whatever that means, and don't need to know about sheep. I think the sheep are pretty happy about that, they don't really seem to know what to think about me. Sometimes my sisters move ducks around too. That looks more my speed. Only, I think it would be MUCH more efficient to just pick them up and carry them in their mouths. Maybe I'll show them how to do that some time.


Anyway, Mom has a lot of critters around in addition to my new sheep-moving sisters, including these two Things. I'm not sure what they're called, but they're sort of like people, only a lot smaller and they make a lot less sense. That's Thing 1 on the left and Thing 2 on the right. She seems to really like these Things, because she keeps them with her a lot of the time. It's OK with me, so long as she keeps me with her a lot of the time too. So far it's working out OK. The Things seem to like me, and they bring me good toys to play with and let me nap on top of them, so it's all good. I've also got a new Dad, who I think is really cool, too.



I'm a home-schooled dog. As such, I get to go to things called "co-ops" and "field days" and "programs". I'm not sure what that all means, but I do know it has something to do with meeting a lot of people and Things, even itty bitty little Things that smell and taste funny. I let them all pet me, and it pays off because Mom puts lots of great things in my mouth when I get to see them, like fleecy toys and sticks and tennis balls. My very favorite hobby is to walk around with these items and wag and let people and Things pet me, so that's working out really good for me, too.




All that running around is enough to make a dog tired, though. I also have lots of doggie friends, who I'll introduce as we go along. Between playing with friends and the Things, following Mom around while she and the Things take care of the critters, and running to "co-ops" and such, my days are pretty busy. That's why I started this blog. I thought it would be a good idea to have a record of what all I'm up to. So, you know, when I'm big and famous I can write my memoir and make a bundle of money for retirement. You'll have to look for it under my formal name, Radiance Carry The Torch. But for now you can call me Kiri.


Ok, well, all this typing is pretty wearing on the ol' paws, so me and the fleecy cow are gonna hit the hay. I hope you'll come back to read all about my adventures as I get educated by Mom and train up the Things a bit. In the meantime, I hope you have your own fleecy cow to snuggle in with. See ya!

2 comments:

  1. Someone has a severe case of Retriever-Fever... welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's wonderful!! My Tumalo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/alyssssyla/sets/72157600013703993/) can totally understand that not getting the sheep thing. She met a cow recently and thought it was a scary monster about to eat her. But chickens... well, chickens are just like ducks and ducks are for retrieving, right? :) Aaah, black dogs :)

    ReplyDelete