Tuesday, March 16, 2010

back from the match

Hi there! Kiri here. I'm home from the match and my weekend with Granny Annie and the dog family. Turns out a "match" is actually a practice dog show (and not something that you start campfires with, which is what the snickering sheep-moving sisters told me). It was actually pretty cool. You have a "handler" who holds your leash and gives you good stuff to eat (my handler was our friend Wendy -- thanks Wendy, I had fun!), and then you have to just stand still while a "judge" pets you, and then you get to trot around like this:
Only on the leash next to your handler. I did pretty good I guess, 'cuz they gave me a ribbon, and the judge said nice things to Wendy about me. Granny Annie's pretty proud. Me? I liked those treats and all the petting. I was a little confused about why I couldn't find Mom anywhere, and I kept looking for her wherever we went. Maybe she lost track of where I was? But she found me again in Granny Annie's car, just in time for work last night, so phew, that was a relief.


I had fun hanging out with the dog family and all, but I was really happy to get back home to my yard, and my kitchen, and my Big Bed, and my toys, and my Things. And look what happened -- in just a few days, I've outgrown Thing 1's lap. That's pretty disappointing. Fortunately I still fit in Mom's lap.

And while I enjoyed the match, this is really more my speed.










Ok, I've gotta go, Mom's taking me and the Things back to the frog pond. I'll write more when I get a chance, I've got lots to tell you about. Wait 'til you see what Mom and I are working on. She wants me to do the darnedest things....

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment